In my lightboxes:
Warm Glow - Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
- Title: Warm Glow - Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Nearest Town: Alamosa
- Brief Directions: Hike towards the top of High Dune. Once you reach the final ridge, get low and aim west to see the view.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Every step left a deep burn in my legs as I climbed High Dune but with every step, the scenery changed. New angles. New light. New sights. As I approached the top of High Dune and the sun neared the horizon, the dune field was lit on fire in a brilliant warm glow. I stopped to soak in the fading light and took notice to the odd lines created by the soft sun rays. Sinking myself into the ridge to increase the sheen on the sand, created a low angle that ultimately resulted in the intense blazing orange that filled the frame.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon 18-105mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 250 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!