In my lightboxes:
Floating Through The Ages
- Title: Floating Through The Ages
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Portage Lake/Seward Highway
- Nearest Town: Whittier
- Brief Directions: From Anchorage, Alaska; follow Hwy 1, Seward Highway about 50 miles Southeast to Portage Glacier.
- Description: Icebergs from an active glacier survive to float in Portage Lake. The lake was created by Portage and Burns Glacier, and is located adjacent to Turnagain Arm, 50 miles southeast of Anchorage.
I rotated my polarizer until the scene through my camera's viewfinder was at its darkest. By also selecting an aperture of f/32, I was able to take an exposure lasting 30 seconds, so I could show the effect of streaking clouds. I thought the contrast between cloud movement and the in-focus glacier would add dimension to the scene.
- Gear: Pentax 654 / Fujichrome Velvia / Manfrotto Tripod / Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 220 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!