In my lightboxes:
Dunes Of The Past
- Title: Dunes Of The Past
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Sand Dunes NP
- Nearest Town: Mosca
- Brief Directions: From Denver, US-285 South to CO-17 South. A few miles beyond Mosca, will be a turnoff to Great Sand Dunes National Park. Follow this to the entrance and continue on to the parking lot beyond the visitors center.
- GPS Longitude: 37
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Winter trips to Great Sand Dunes National Park are always fun, mainly because the moisture in the sand makes trekking much easier.
This particular trip was planned three weeks in advance; the winter storm that came through was not originally forecast to dump any snow on the sand dunes or any part of the San Luis Valley.
Snow started shortly after sunrise on Saturday morning and by mid-afternoon on Saturday there was 3 - 9" of snow blanketing the dunes!
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 24-105,Gitzo 3541LS,ReallyRightStuff BH-55-LR,LEE 0.9GND,LEE Circular Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 294 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!