In my lightboxes:
Grandfather Mountain Sunrise Reflections
- Title: Grandfather Mountain Sunrise Reflections
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Western North Carolina
- Nearest Town: Blowing Rock
- Description: Price Lake, pictured above, is part of the larger Julian Price Memorial Park, comprising over 4,200 acres in the shadows of the looming Grandfather Mountain. Originally the plot of land where Price Lake now rests was purchased by Julian Price, an insurance executive at Jefferson Pilot Standard Life Insurance Company, in the 1940s to be developed into a resort for company employees. Following an untimely death in 1946, Price's son and daughther cooperated to donate the land that is today administered by the National Park Service. The forty-seven acre lake was created in honor and memory of Price by damming Boone Fork Creek. Julian Price Memorial Park features the largest campground along the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and together with the adjacent Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, Julian Price Memorial Park forms the largest developed area set aside for public recreation along the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Julian Price Memorial Park is located in Watauga County, Western North Carolina near the towns of Boone and Blowing Rock.
- Gear: Nikon D700; Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8; Really Right Stuff Support Accessories
This Photo Has Been Viewed 209 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!