In my lightboxes:
Aurora Over Ulukhaktok
- Title: Aurora Over Ulukhaktok
- State/Province/Region: Northwest Territories
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Canadian Arctic
- Nearest Town: Ulukhaktok
- Brief Directions: Fly north. Go further. Keep going.
- Description: The Aurora motivate me to photograph due to their constant change. You never see the same aurora twice, it never behaves the same way and it's never the same colour. It keeps me motivated to keep prepared and try to envision my photographs before I take them. That doesn't always happen so I have to react with a good contingency plan as much as possible.
Ulukhkatok is amazing hamlet in the Northwest Territories of the Canadian Arctic. The landscape is hard, cold and unforgiving. That being said it's one of the most beautiful places I've seen. The people there are the warmest, kindest and the most hospitable I've known.
- Gear: Canon 1Dx, 16-35mm f/2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 126 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!