In my lightboxes:
- Title: Lupine Sunset
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
- Nearest Town: Cool
- Brief Directions: This area is located on the east side of Folsom Lake. From Auburn, take Highway 49 south. Turn right on Rattlesnake Bar Road, and follow road south until the gate at the end.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I spent two afternoons at Folsom Lake looking for a spot to photograph the lupines at sunset. The sky was not as interesting as I hoped for, but I liked the idea of catching the sun setting through the tree in the background of this scene. I took several different shots, each focusing on a different part of the scene. I used Zerene focus-stacking software during post-processing to create the final image.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Gitzo Tripod, Vanguard Ballhead, Singh-Ray 3-Stop soft ND Grad
This Photo Has Been Viewed 972 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!