In my lightboxes:
Cloudy Day In Rocky Mountain National Park
- Title: Cloudy Day In Rocky Mountain National Park
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rocky Mountain National Park
- Nearest Town: Estes Park
- Brief Directions: Sprague Lake can be found just off the Bear Creek Road in RMNP.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I made this image of Sprague Lake in RMNP on a cold, overcast, September morning in 2009. One could feel the oncoming winter and, in fact, I did encounter snowfall on some of the higher trails. The greens of summer had not yet given way to the brown hues of winter and the overcast conditions contributed to their intensity. The bare, fallen branches in the midground, along with their reflections in the water, helped create a sense of coldness and geometry in the scene.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera, Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens, Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 97 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!