In my lightboxes:
- Title: Gathering Storm
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garden of the Gods
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: Garden of the Gods is a city park on the west side of Colorado Springs.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I am unsure of the real difference between a WAM (Wide Angle Macro) and a CUWA (Close Up, Wide Angle) photograph but I think they are very similar. This image of a storm gathering over some of the red sandstone rocks in the Garden of the Gods was one I made in June, 2012. I wanted to capture a low angle view to include a couple of yucca plants. To illuminate the yuccas more clearly I used the on-camera fill flash.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera, Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens, Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 144 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!