In my lightboxes:
Aspens, Sabrina Lake, Eastern Sierra
- Title: Aspens, Sabrina Lake, Eastern Sierra
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Aspendell
- Nearest Town: Bishop
- Brief Directions: Drive W on Rt 168 from Bishop into the town of Aspendell. Continue for 2-3 more miles into the Sabrina Lake parking area.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Aspen groves along lake shores displaying their peak autumn foliage make for interesting compositions.
This photograph was made on a mostly overcast day. The sun was peeping through the thick cloud cover every now and then to light up parts of the aspen grove. I had made some wider angle photographs from the same area, but then decided to narrow in on a particularly dense area of the grove that was selectively spotlit. The placid lake surface acted as a perfect reflection pool (it was often disturbed only by trout jumping out of the waters :-).
This photo was made at Sabrina Lake along the north fork of Bishop Creek Canyon in the Eastern Sierra, California.
- Gear: Nikon D3, Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 431 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!