In my lightboxes:
Kissing Camels And Pikes Peak
- Title: Kissing Camels And Pikes Peak
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garden of the Gods
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: From Interstate 25 go west on Garden of the Gods Road until it ends at 30th Street. Head south on 30th for about a mile to find the well marked entrance to Garden of the Gods Park.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This tele-zoom photo puts the two main subjects close to the intersections of the "thirds" - the "Kissing Camels" themselves and Pikes Peak. Using the zoom technique makes the two appear much closer together than the 15 or so miles that separate them. Always photogenic, the red rocks of Garden of the Gods and the slightly snow-dusted top of Pikes Peak are Colorado icons.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera; Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens: Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter; Post Processing in Adobe CS5
This Photo Has Been Viewed 545 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!