In my lightboxes:
- Title: Claret Cup
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Big Bend National Park
- Nearest Town: Study Butte, Tx.
- Brief Directions: These blooms were shot on the road that winds up to "the basin" in the high elevations of Big Bend Park. This area can be reached by traveling South from Marathon or East from Study Butte in deep Southwest Texas near the Rio Grande River.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I wanted to focus on the middle flower, and throw the foreground & background out of focus. The intense red of these claret cup cactus blooms makes for a great shot!
- Gear: Canon Elan7NE, Tamron 90mm macro lens, Manfrotto tripod, circular polarizer, cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 256 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!