In my lightboxes:
Red Mountain Pass, San Juan Mountains, Colorado
- Title: Red Mountain Pass, San Juan Mountains, Colorado
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Uncompahgre National Forest
- Nearest Town: Ouray
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Bad weather is my favorite weather to shoot in. A sky without clouds kills landscapes, in my opinion. I was standing on a very narrow shoulder of a sharp curve on highway 550 with a couple of other photographers who left when it started to rain. From experience I know that rain and broken clouds often yield a rainbow in addition to great lighting. Getting cold and wet is a small price to pay for such a brief opportunity. Due to the fast moving clouds, the rainbow lasted only a couple of minutes.
- Gear: Canon 5D MK II, 24-105mm f/4 IS L lens, B&W Polarizer, Singh Ray 3 Stop ND Filter, Gitzo GT5561SGT Tripod, Manfrotto 468MGRC0 Ball Head, Cable Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 524 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!