In my lightboxes:
Capitol Christmas Tree Cutting 2011
- Title: Capitol Christmas Tree Cutting 2011
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Clark Forks Road off of Highway 108
- Nearest Town: Strawberry, CA
- Brief Directions: From the Summit Ranger Station on Highway 108, we drove about 40 minutes east on the highway. Then we veered left onto Clarks Fork Road for approximately 1 and a half miles. We were shuttled within 1/3 mile from the location of the tree and then walked in the early morning hour of 6:45 to the location and got our first glimpse of the 'People's Tree' for 2011.
- Description: On November 5, 2011 a group of news media, digniteries, Forest Service Employees, and invited guests were present for the cutting of the Capitol Christmas Tree (People's Tree) in the Stanislaus National Forest. I was fortunate to be one of the invited guests. It was a once in a lifetime experience.
- Gear: Canon XTi
This Photo Has Been Viewed 241 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!