In my lightboxes:
- Title: Sunrise Over Little Tahoma Peak
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mt. Rainier
- Nearest Town: Seattle
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This is one of my favorite photos that was taken in July 2000 with a Ricoh GR10 P&S camera with Fuju ISO100 slide film. The peak in the background is Little Tahoma Peak and the summit of Rainier is (not visible) towards the right.
We were planning to climb Mt. Rainier and I didn't want to bring a real SLR camera (too heavy/bulky). Instead, I brought the excellent Ricoh GR10 camera (28mm fixed focus).
We were camping on the glacier during the second night of the climb. I crawled out of the tent in the early morning hours into the cold, freezing landscape and got rewarded with this shot. None of my climbing partners witnessed this beautiful sunrise because they wanted to sleep in....
- Gear: Ricoh GR10 P&S camera @ 28mm F/2.8; Fujifilm ISO 100 slide film
This Photo Has Been Viewed 240 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!