In my lightboxes:
- Title: Saguaro Snow
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Superstition wilderness
- Nearest Town: Tortilla Flats
- Brief Directions: Saguaro and Century plant snow, Superstition wilderness
- GPS Longitude: 111
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Snow covered saguaro on the Reavis Ranch trail. In some ways, though, it's the easiest, following an old jeep trail that climbs steadily, but mostly at a gentle grade, gaining about 1,500 feet as it winds past Castle Dome, the prominent rock knob southeast if the trailhead. The high point of the trail comes beyond Castle Dome, about half a mile before you reach Windy Pass.
Beyond, the trail runs generally east for about 2 miles, then bends sharply south, paralleling a fence as it enters Reavis Valley.
- Gear: Canon 5D MKII, 24-105mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 123 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!