In my lightboxes:
- Title: Dawn Pyramid
- Country: United Kingdom
- Nearest Area: Lochaber - Bucchaille Etive Mo
- Nearest Town: Forth William
- Brief Directions: The main road through Glenoce, the A82, has a small turning off it just east of the pass of glencoe. This is the Glen Etive road, which can be hard to spot simply because the scenery is so distracting. Go a short way down until you come to a bridge, park and walk upriver a little.
- Description: I walked all night to get in place for this shot. To be fair you can drive straight there, but I was looking for a special experience and I found it. The night was crystal-sharp with stars, snow and a glowing mist. Stags were roaring in the glen as I passed them by like a shadow, the dawn ever growing stronger behind me.
I reached the foot of the mountain finally, just as the tip flamed red in the morning sun. Slowly the colour grew stronger, rolling down the flank of the mountain sending night away.
- Gear: Tripod, Nikon D40X, standard 18-55mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 277 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!