In my lightboxes:
Self Portrait Of An Adventure Photographer
- Title: Self Portrait Of An Adventure Photographer
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Castle Rock
- Nearest Town: Boulder
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: One of my favorite spontaneous moments ever... A day of snowshoeing and photographing rock climbers (seen in the distance), turned into an epic opportunity when I spotted this cliff face. The snow rolling off the hill behind me made an excellent reflector and landing zone, so I put the camera on a timer and began shooting while jumping in the sunshine.
It is important that we, as photographers, remember to have a little fun of our own and not be too distracted behind the lens. The result was probably my favorite shot of all time. This image was not planned, as I had just driven up the canyon to hike with my dog (also in the shot if you look carefully), when the combination of perfect elements spawned a tempting composition that I couldn't go without! I jumped this ledge a dozen times to get just the right moment in the air!
- Gear: 5DII with Sigma 12-24mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 509 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!