In my lightboxes:
Snow Snow At Yavapai Point, Grand Canyon
- Title: Snow Snow At Yavapai Point, Grand Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon National Park (south rim)
- Nearest Town: Williams
- Brief Directions: Yavapai Point is easy to reach by car or walking along the rim trail, just east of the Grand Canyon Village, where hotels and restaurants are located.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: An early December (2011) snow storm temporarily created white-out conditions on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Exploring just away from the rim, I became fascinated by snow-covered yucca leaves (the spiny plants in the foreground). This was one of a number of photographs I shot in black and white.
- Gear: Nikon D80, 18-55 mm lens, mounted on a tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 222 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!