In my lightboxes:
Winter River Rocks
- Title: Winter River Rocks
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Pass
- Nearest Town: Randle
- Brief Directions: Just a couple of miles west of White Pass on a forest service road on the north side of Highway 12, accessable only by 4 wheel drive or hiking if snow is too deep.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I needed an image to submit for this category as I didn't have anything in my file for winter (who likes to go out when it's freezing?) After the first trip hiking in the Olympic Mountain range where there wasn't any snow or ice under 4500 feet, I decided to try the Cascades and headed for White Pass. It was a week later and much colder as it looks like it froze some of the river water on the rocks, creating the natural ice sculptures.
- Gear: Canon EOS XSI, EF-S18-55mm f3.5-5.6
This Photo Has Been Viewed 395 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!