In my lightboxes:
It's Lonely At The Top
- Title: It's Lonely At The Top
- State/Province/Region: Oklahoma
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ouachita Mountains
- Nearest Town: Talihina
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This image was composed out of 4 individual frames from a Nikon D7000 with a Tamron 10-24mm, at 10mm with f/3.5 merged on Photomtix Pro.
Taken at Panorama Vista, one of the stops on the Talimena National Drive.
The route is 54-mile long along the crests of forested peaks between Mena, Arkansas, and Talihina, Oklahoma, in the Ouachita Mountains.
The word Ouachita is composed of two Choctaw words: ouac, a buffalo, and chito, large. It means the country of large buffaloes, as numerous herds of those animals having formerly covered the region.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tamron 10-20mm f/3.5-6.3
This Photo Has Been Viewed 175 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!