In my lightboxes:
Days End Reward
- Title: Days End Reward
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Appalachian Trail National Park
- Nearest Town: Bluemont
- Brief Directions: From Leesburg take Rte. 7 west to the Blueridge. Turn left on Rte. 601(Blueridge Mtn Road). Go approx. 1/4 mile to turn on right. Follow the gravel road to the parking area.
- GPS Longitude: 77
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A lone hiker takes in the view of the Shenandoah valley while resting from a long days hike on the Appalachian Trail. I usually refrain from including people in my landscape work but while we talked he pulled out his I-Phone and began taking pictures of the view. I'm thinking "Those are not going to do this view justice!", so when he finished and sat back down I asked him if I could take his picture while he enjoyed the scenery. I explained that it just seemed right to include someone who was hiking the trail in a shot so he sat there as I fired off a few frames. I then handed him my card and told him to email me when he got back home and I'd send him a copy. He looked at the card and then said "So you DO know what you're doing." To which I replied "Occasionally." We both laughed and continued talking for the next few minutes while he put his gear back on. He was spending the night on a warm, dry bunk in the Bears Den Hostel and was really looking forward to it after getting snowed on earlier in the week.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-200mm VR, Nikon Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 298 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!