In my lightboxes:
Native Grass In The Snow
- Title: Native Grass In The Snow
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon National Park (south rim)
- Nearest Town: Williams
- Brief Directions: Grand Canyon National Park is 1 1/2 hours from Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Snow provides a natural contrast for other objects. I photographed these native grasses in the snow while previsualizing a high-contrast image in the end. Some 40 years ago, I achieved similar results using Kodalith in a darkroom. It's certainly much easier to achieve with PhotoShop Elements 10. The photo is part of a series of high-contrast photographs taken at the Grand Canyon.
Living in Tucson since 1999, it has become rare for me to experience fresh snow. We had planned a late November/early December trip to the Grand Canyon, and I kept my fingers crossed that we might be lucky enough to enjoy the snow.
- Gear: Nikon D80, 18-55 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 490 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!