In my lightboxes:
- Title: On Ice
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pike National Forest
- Nearest Town: Woodland Park
- Brief Directions: Take Highway 24 to Woodland Park and on to Rampart Range Road, fork right and at the road intersection where the road can go right to Rampart Reservoir, go straight about 200 feet. Aspen forest is on the right.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: It wasn't supposed to be this way, first the leaves fall and then it snows. The day before I took this photograph, eight inches of fluffy snow fell in the region. It was an early snow, it was only October and the aspens had yet to shed their golden leaves. There was so much snow and all of this bright gold color everywhere. A week later, the leaves were gone.
- Gear: Nikon D90, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 178 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!