In my lightboxes:
Alchemy - Waimea Canyon
- Title: Alchemy - Waimea Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Kauai
- Nearest Town: Waimea
- Brief Directions: Take Highway 50 west from Hanapepe toward Waimea. Waimea Canyon Drive is on the right just past Mile Marker #23 on the island of Kauai.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This sunrise along the rim of Kauai's Waimea Canyon was nearly eclipsed by a rain storm. The special lighting gave this iconic canyon a mysterious feel I was searching for. While southwest canyons have their own appeal, this canyon of volcanic origins has a charm all its own.
- Gear: Canon 30D, Tamron 17-50mm, 2 stop grad ND filter, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 303 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!