In my lightboxes:
- Title: Pemi Wild
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Franconia Notch
- Nearest Town: Lincoln
- Brief Directions: Rt. 93 North from Manchester or Concord, NH. Just passed Lincoln in Franconia Notch State Park, pick a trail-head and start hiking!
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I arrived in the early afternoon to hike New Hampshire's Garfield Ridge, hoping an early ice and snow storm would clear by the time I reached the alpine zone. Many hikers told me how miserable conditions were as I passed them on their way down. Clearing skies and high winds greeted me as I arrived on the ridge. Rime ice was still clinging to trees which added another dimension to the expansive Pemigewasset Wilderness spread out before me. I waited for breaks in the gusty winds to capture a classic NH alpine vista.
- Gear: Canon Elan 7E, Fuji Velvia 50, Tokina 28-70, 2 stop Grad ND filter, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 166 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!