In my lightboxes:
Cypress Cabin In The South
- Title: Cypress Cabin In The South
- State/Province/Region: Louisiana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: New Orleans
- Nearest Town: Destrehand
- Brief Directions: Directions - Destrehan Plantation is located a half-mile from from the Destrehan Bridge on Hwy. 48 (River Road).
Located 8 miles from New Orleans International Airport. Easily accessible from I-10 and Hwy. 61 by taking I-310 South and exiting at Hwy. 48 (River Road). Turn left at River Road and house is on left at 13034 River Rd. General parking is located on the east entrance (right side of house).
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Louisiana is at it's best during the spring months (March and April). The azaleas are budding and the new leaves on the trees are all bright green. A photographer's delight!
I found this cyress cabin at the rear of the historic Destrehand Plantation. The massive live oak trees, with their graceful Spanish moss blowing in the breeze, surround the main house for acres and acres.
Worth a day trip and the visit.
- Gear: Nikon D3100, Tamron 18-270mm Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 191 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!