In my lightboxes:
- Title: Red Planet
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lost Dutchman State Park
- Nearest Town: Apache Junction
- Brief Directions: On the Apache Trail out of Apache Junction.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: During the monsoon season we get some fairly unique atmospheric conditions here in the Southwest. In this shot of the Superstition Mountains taken at sunset, a storm in the western horizon was filtering the color on the rock face, making for a Mars-like appearance. It was a very strange feeling, with the remaining light of day turning everything it landed upon into an otherworldly color.
- Gear: Canon 30D, 24-105mm L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 271 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!