In my lightboxes:
Lummi Island Reef Net Fishermen, Wa
- Title: Lummi Island Reef Net Fishermen, Wa
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Juan Islands
- Nearest Town: Bellingham
- Brief Directions: 2 Hours north of Seattle, Lummi Island is northwest of Bellingham and accessible via a small Lummi Native ferry which only accepts cash. This reef is on the northwest part of the island in Village Bay.
- GPS Longitude: 122
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Traditionally Lummi native fishermen fished the reefs off Lummi Island and of several others in the nearby San Juan Islands. Now native and non native commercial fishermen use this techique which allows them to spot schools of fish from their towers before pulling up their nets. Current in these areas is strong requiring the rafts to be secure to the bottom.
- Gear: Canon 5d Mark 2, Canon 70-200 F, 2x Extension
This Photo Has Been Viewed 241 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!