In my lightboxes:
- Title: Abraham Lake Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Abraham Lake
- Nearest Town: Banff
- Brief Directions: From the town of Banff drive north on the Icefield Parkway. Turn right on highway 11 at the Saskatchewan crossing and the lake will be on your right. Find a place to get down to the lake and then take your time exploring, and be careful the ice is slick!
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This was my first trip to Abraham Lake, but surely not my last! The ice here is incredible, with cracks spreading out in every direction and bubbles frozen on their way to the surface. The textures and lines provide excellent foreground elements to the surrounding mountains. This morning we were lucky to get some wonderful light as well resulting in this image.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikon 12-24mm lens, B+W circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 200 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!