In my lightboxes:
- Title: Beacon
- State/Province/Region: Connecticut
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Southeastern Connecticut
- Nearest Town: Groton
- Brief Directions: On the Uconn Avery Point Campus in Groton, Ct.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A low fog was rolling in and out indecisively throughout a visit to Avery Point. I captured this lonely image of the recently restored Avery Point Lighthouse as the fog was on its way back in, with the late afternoon sun, strong enough to penetrate the haze, illuminating the structure from the side.
1/320th at f/7.1, ISO 100.
- Gear: Nikon D3000, 55-300 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 180 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!