In my lightboxes:
Wood Turtle Perserverance
- Title: Wood Turtle Perserverance
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bald Eagle State Forest
- Nearest Town: Weikert, PA
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: One of my favorite places is the fish for fun stretch of Penns Creek. I take my fly rod to hopefully catch a few brown trout but find myself spending most of my time exploring the water's edge to see what inteesting sights I can find to photograph. I was trying to capture a shot of the creek for the early spring assignment when I noticed this wood turtle moving just a few feet from my tripod. I spent the next 20 minutes photographing the turtle as he slowly made his way to the edge of the creek and slipped into the water. I liked this shot as he made his way down over a rock. The turtles back was nicely exposed showing the intricate pattern of the shell.
- Gear: Canon EOS Rebel T2i, 18-55 mm canon zoom lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 149 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!