In my lightboxes:
- Title: Monolith
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: El Portal
- Brief Directions: This was taken near the intersection of Soutside and El Capitan drives in Yosemite Valley.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: At the very end of 2011 I found myself camped in Yosemite Valley. One morning I forced myself out of my warm sleeping bag only to see a lovely pink glow already filling the sky. The color quickly faded, but the sky remained full of wispy clouds. Making my way to the Merced, I found a bend in the river where a near-perfect reflection of El Capitan filled the icy waters. Stamping my feet and flexing my fingers to ward off the cold, I waited for the sunlight to make its way down El Cap's bulk, and then I snapped this shot.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Induro Tripod, Acratech Ballhead, Lee soft GND filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 515 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!