In my lightboxes:
Some Drama For Your Mama
- Title: Some Drama For Your Mama
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Death Valley National Park
- Nearest Town: Furnace Creek
- Brief Directions: From Furnace Creek in Death Valley drive about 25 minutes south on Badwater road.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This shot was taken at the iconic Badwater Salt Flats the morning before Jim Patterson and I began teaching our 2011 Death Valley photo workshop. What started as a colorless and fairly mundane sunrise quickly developed into seriously dramatic skies. With the crystalline salt flats and the moody clouds, the scene was nearly monochromatic, so I decided to process this in black and white to bring out the atmosphere, details, and textures.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Induro Tripod, Acratech Ballhead, Lee soft GND filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 151 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!