In my lightboxes:
Yucca Plant Bloom
- Title: Yucca Plant Bloom
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Big Bend National Park
- Nearest Town: Study Butte
- Brief Directions: This spot is located in Grapevine Hills which is within Big Bend National Park in deep Southwest Texas. The Rio Grande River runs along the Southern border of the park.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I was looking for cactus and yucca plants with blooms on them in April. I took quite a few photos of different blooms, but none of these shots were really extraordinary! I started taking photos of rock formations and stumbled upon this bloom that I thought looked great with the rocks and cloud formations. I took this in vertical format with the intention of it being a candidate for a cover shot. I left room at the top for the magazine logo. This was shot on Velvia slide film and transfered into my computer and converted to black & white.
- Gear: Canon Rebel G, 18-270mm Tamron zoom lens, Velvia 100, circular polarizer, Manfrotto tripod, cable release.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 191 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!