In my lightboxes:
Crown Of The Continent
- Title: Crown Of The Continent
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier National Park
- Nearest Town: Browning
- Brief Directions: Highway 89 north from Great Falls to the town of Browning (approximately 125 miles) and then following signage to Many Glacier entrance.
- Description: This was a blend of 2 exposures to capture the broad dynamic range that I could see. I set up my camera along the shores of Glacier National Park's Swiftcurrent Lake. Still reflections are unusual, so this calm evening helped reflect the mammatus clouds that streamed overhead. Glacier NP is often referred to as the Crown of the Continent, and I thought the cloud formations hovering above Grinnell Point gave the image a more literal interpretation. While the original color shot was dramatic, I thought the clouds and separation of forms and textures made for an equally engaging B&W.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 17-40L, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 327 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!