In my lightboxes:
Sierra's Dusy Basin
- Title: Sierra's Dusy Basin
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sequoia / Kings Canyon National Park
- Nearest Town: Bishop
- Brief Directions: From Bishop, CA follow Route 168 to South Lake Rd. Take road to the trailhead at the end of the road from Bishop Pass.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I waited out a thunder and lightning storm to catch these mammatus clouds soaring away from me just after sunset. This sky set amongst the towering granite Sierra peaks was one of the highlights of my visit.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 17-40L, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 276 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!