In my lightboxes:
- Title: Ice Crystals
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: West Yellowstone, Montana
- Brief Directions: Madison Junction, lower loop road between Old Faithful and Mammouth.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Late fall mornings in Yellowstone are often foggy with thermal haze. When conditions are just right, it can be magical. On this particular morning I was walking through the woods looking for something totally different. Sunlight suddenly came through the trees and back lit the grass in front of me. The ice on the grass reflected and refracted the light into these beautiful colors just as if someone had plugged in the Christmas tree! It will always be a very special moment in my memories :)
- Gear: Canon 7D, 600 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 218 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!