In my lightboxes:
Valley Wildflower Sunset
- Title: Valley Wildflower Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Washington D.C.
- Nearest Town: Lovettsville
- Brief Directions: From Washington DC take 495(the Beltway) to the Dulles Greenway west. Then take Rte. 7 west to Rte. 9 west. Turn right on 287 and travel 7 miles to the town of Lovettsville. This property is on the northwest corner of the town.
- GPS Longitude: -77.644672
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: A particularly nice late summer evening this past year in Virginia. The flowers are Tickseed Sunflowers that grow profusely in pastures and meadows throughout the mid-Atlantic region. This is Loudoun Valley which falls between Short Hill Mountain(pictured at mid frame) and Catoctin Mountain to the east. This tract of land was put into conservation in 2011, just a small part of the 349,000 acres voluntarily conserved in the Piedmont region of Virginia.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 Pro, RRS Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 279 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!