In my lightboxes:
- Title: Indian Paintbrush @ Alta, Utah
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Alta Ski area
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The wildflower season this year started very late due to record snowfall and I went up to the Alta ski area (Albion Basin) two weeks later than previous years to play with the 10.5mm fisheye.
In order to take photos with that lens you need to be inches away from the flowers. Other people taking photos with long lenses from sturdy tripods (been there, done that) probably thought that I was crazy but I was on a mission to play with the fish eye ... I tore my pants, I tore my shirt and I got wet but I came back with wonderful photos. I had so much fun, that I didn't even attach my tele-/macro lens until a moose showed up right in front of me....
- Gear: Nikon D7000; Nikon 10.5mm F/2.8 fisheye; SB-600 flash;@ 1/250s, f/13, ISO100;
This Photo Has Been Viewed 135 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!