In my lightboxes:
- Title: Virginia Bluebells
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Northern Virginia
- Nearest Town: Centreville
- Brief Directions: Follow the Bluebell Loop at Bull Run Regional Park in Fairfax County, Virginia during late March to early April to find a blue carpet of Bluebells along the creek.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Virginia Bluebells, also known as the Virginia Cowslip or Roanoke Bell, are Ephemeral Wildflowers that bloom during the early spring when the yet-to-bud leaf canopy of the mature trees above does not block ample sunlight from reaching the forest floor. Ephemeral literally means quickly fading or short-lived.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro
This Photo Has Been Viewed 217 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!