In my lightboxes:
Wildflowers At Dawn
- Title: Wildflowers At Dawn
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cascade Range
- Nearest Town: Sublimity
- Brief Directions: Take the Santiam Pass Highway from Sisters west through the Cascades. You'll see a pullout on the left for the Iron Mountain Trailhead. After parking, retrace your steps heading back east by a quarter of a mile and you'll see the trailhead for Cone Peak on your left.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is a shot taken at dawn from a wildflower meadow on Cone Peak. Across the way, the rising sun is illuminating Iron Mountain in the Cascade Range of Central Oregon. I waited patiently, just me and the mosquitoes that were avidly looking for breakfast, for the sun to light up the peak of Iron Mountain before pressing the shutter.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II/ Really Right Stuff Tripod & Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 271 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!