In my lightboxes:
- Title: Imp Light
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Mountans
- Nearest Town: Gorham
- Brief Directions: Route 16, Pinkham Notch, NH
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Backlighting was critical for this shot taken in NH's White Mountains. The transparent nature of clouds allowed crepuscular rays to shine through, illuminating the Mount Washington vista and adding drama to an otherwise overcast day. My wife was a good sport and sat on the rock to add a sense of scale and human interest to the shot. I didn't feel I had the time to use my tripod and Grad ND filter, so I exposed for the sky, and used a strong fill flash to brighten the FG.
- Gear: Canon Eos Elan, polarizing filter, fill flash, handheld
This Photo Has Been Viewed 810 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!