In my lightboxes:
- Title: Windswept
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Mountains
- Nearest Town: Jackson
- Brief Directions: This view was from the Imp Ledge Trail.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I used mid-day backlighting conditions to emphasize the blowing snow over the ravines of NH's Mount Washington and the southern ravines. The low sun angle in the winter can create backlighting at nearly any time of day. Mount Washington is known for some of the worst weather in the world (at least measurable) and you can see howthe mountain creates its own weather. I zoomed in, and created this pano using 3 images.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark 2, Canon 24-105L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 660 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!