In my lightboxes:
Rocky Mountain Residence, Long Ago
- Title: Rocky Mountain Residence, Long Ago
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pike National Forest
- Nearest Town: Fairplay
- Brief Directions: About 3 miles south of Fairplay on Hwy 285 turn west on Park County Road 5. Breakneck Pass Road is about one mile from that intersection. A 4 wheel drive vehicle with reasonable ground clearance is recommended.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I like to combine my passion for photography with my love of exploring the 4 wheel drive roads and passes of Colorado. Many of these trails pass by or terminate in ghost towns and old mining areas. This is an image of where some miners probably lived in the 19th century. Originally I shot it in color but later changed it into B&W as that medium seemed to fit better with this aging and decomposing structure. One day, only splinters will be left as the harsh winters will take their toll. Photographers can help preserve this part of western history.
- Gear: Sony DSC-F828 Camera; Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonar T* 7.1 X Zoom Lens; Circular Polarizing Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 398 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!