In my lightboxes:
- Title: Four Peaks
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Tonto Basin
- Nearest Town: Jake's Corner
- Description: Four Peaks has one of the largest amethyst mines in the world on top of there somewhere, with a few tidbits residing with the crown jewels themselves. This is the west side of Four Peaks where on the other side is Punkin' Center and the Tonto Basin where Captain Crook spent time chasing the Apaches around back in the late 1800s. It now includes Roosevelt Lake, the largest lake in Arizona. Took this shot in the evening, in the spring, with just a tad bit of rain.
- Gear: Sony A350, Sony 135mm (75-300mm F4.5-5.6) 1/250 sec at f/5.6 ISO 100
This Photo Has Been Viewed 321 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!