In my lightboxes:
- Title: Windswept
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Powell
- Nearest Town: Page
- Brief Directions: State Route 89 south from Lake Powell, past Page, Arizona, and then a short drive east on route 98. The entrance to Lower Antelope Canyon will be on the left.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This is a section of Lower Antelope Canyon. The image captured is a three-exposure HDR, taken during a visit in the last week of December. After completing the HDR in Photomatix Pro I converted to monochrome using Nik Silver Efex Pro in Aperture.
The soft, subdued light of winter allowed for a greater range of tones and details during the longer exposures.
- Gear: Canon 1D Mark III, Canon EF 28-70mm: f2.8 L lens, Kirk ballhead, Bogen tripod, cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1088 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!