In my lightboxes:
West Side Of The Tree
- Title: West Side Of The Tree
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Kirkwood
- Nearest Town: Kirkwood
- Brief Directions: hwy 88 north towards Hope Valley, near Kirkwood ski resort.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Along hwy 88 in the Sierras above Jackson, is one of the most beautiful areas. full of lakes and hiking trails, hidden ponds, wild flowers galore, and fall colors that will take your breath away. I shot this scene of moss covered trees on a rainy fall day in 2010. When the trees are wet, the bark gets so dark brown that the lime-green moss looks bright florescent. You may have seen this type of bright green moss in arts and crafts stores.
- Gear: Canon 30D. Gitzo carbonfiber triopd with manfrotto ballhead,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 433 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!