In my lightboxes:
West Texas Lightning
- Title: West Texas Lightning
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: West Texas-Permian Basin
- Nearest Town: Lamesa
- Brief Directions: This area where I took this lightning shot is located about halfway between Lubbock, Texas and Midland, Texas on highway 349.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Lightning was coming out of the cloud cover in the top of the frame, and the wind blew the lower cloud across the sky. This strike went through the middle of the cloud, and what made this shot stand out was the backlighting that "made" the shot!
- Gear: SLR camera, sturdy tripod, cable release, and wide angle lens.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 655 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!