In my lightboxes:
Milky Way Over My Driveway
- Title: Milky Way Over My Driveway
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: southeast TN
- Nearest Town: Chattanooga
- Brief Directions: 25 miles northeast of town.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: 30 seconds at f/2.8, ISO 2500; 17mm, partial cropping; multiple grad filters in post. Shot in July following a rare cold front, the sky still had lots of light pollution to the right of the image, which I tried to negate with grad filters and some cropping, besides using a polarizer on the lens. You can barely still see part of the "dark rift" of the galaxy. I ran out in front of the camera and fired a flash several times, hand-held, so my ghost shadow can be seen. The noise is on the not-good side, but then this isn't a D700 or D3...and I didn't use any exotic NR software. The image might work better as a double process, but I liked it this way too.
- Gear: Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 17-70; Heliopan Circ PL; Slik Carbon Fiber tripod; Giottos MH-1300 ball head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 606 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!