In my lightboxes:
Autumn Sunset Over Pinecrest Lake
- Title: Autumn Sunset Over Pinecrest Lake
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: This image was taken from the Pinecrest Loop Trail heading back to the beach area from the dam.
- Nearest Town: 30 miles east of Sonora, CA
- Brief Directions: Pinecrest Lake can be reached by traveling 30 miles east on CA Hwy 108 from the Mother Lode town of Sonora or westward on CA Hwy 108 from the junction of Hwy 395 on the eastern side of Sonora Pass. (This route is closed during the winter months and usually does not reopen until Memorial Day weekend...depending upon the spring snow melt. Upon reaching the Summit Ranger Station, turn onto Pinecrest Lake Road and continue one mile to the resort and lake.
- GPS Longitude: -119.99722
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Pinecrest Lake is located in the Stanislaus National Forest in California. It is a High Sierra Lake at 5600' elevation. Summer recreation activities include swimming, sailing and boating, fishing and hiking. Pinecrest Resort has motel rooms, cabins and townhouses for rent throughout the year; Pinecrest Campground (by reservation only); Meadowview Campground (on a first come, first serve basis) is a little farther away. The Resort also has a general store, restaurant, sport shop, post office, gallery and library. During the summer months, there is a coffee bar (by the restaurant) and a snack bar (burgers, ice cream, etc.) near the beach. Winter activities include skiing at close-by Dodge Ridge Ski Resort, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Some privately owned cabins are available for rent.
- Gear: Canon Rebel xti plus great light
This Photo Has Been Viewed 559 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!